AgainEach year, we organize a “DC fly-in,” a group canvassing of Congressional and Agency offices with ABC members. This is a great opportunity to meet with your Congressional representatives as well as agencies about how they can help the biogas and AD industry. It is also a way for us, as ABC staff, to get higher profile meetings because we have constituents (you) in town!
The Fly-In will take place September 9-10. The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, September 8: Travel to DC
- Wednesday, September 9: First Day of the Fly-In
- 8am: Internal ABC briefing at Dirksen Senate Office Building cafeteria (you can grab breakfast there)
- 9:00am-5:00pm: Hill meetings
- 5:30pm-7:00pm: Great Gas-tsby Cocktails at the Harold Black Speakeasy (1 mile away, a nice walk or short Uber/cab)
- Dinner on your own!
- Thursday, September 10: Second day of the Fly-In
- 8:30am: Internal ABC briefing at Dirksen Senate Office Building (come at 8am if you want to grab breakfast there)
- 9:00am-1:00pm: Hill meetings
- 2:00pm-3:30pm: Public Congressional Briefing in “Gold Room” (aka Room 2168) of the Rayburn House Office Building
- 5:30pm: Board Dinner at Bistro Cacao (1 mile away, a nice walk or short Uber/cab)
- Friday, September 11:
- 8:00am-2:00pm: ABC Board Meeting at American Gas Association’s Offices
Your Project Information
Please provide ABC’s Lobbyist, Maureen Walsh ([email protected]), with your current projects and their physical location including city/town and preferably a zip code. Additionally, please include a description of your project (size, cost, number of employees, feedstock, what it does etc.)
Relationship with Congressional Staff
If you already have an existing relationship with your member of Congress or Senator and if you do, how? Have they come to visit your project? Do you actively participate in their efforts to get elected?
*This information is exceptionally important as it allows the ABC to ask for the meeting with constituent appeal. It makes it much more tangible for the staff and member and hopefully, will allow us the opportunity to meet with higher caliber staff and/or the Representative or Senator.