ABC Member Air Liquide is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Field Services Manager. Join the Air Liquide team today by applying for this open position.
Field Services Manager
The Global Markets & Technologies (GM&T) World Business Unit delivers technological solutions (molecules, equipment and services) to support the new markets of energy transition, maritime logistics and scientific exploration, in order to accelerate Air Liquide sustainable growth. To support the energy transition, GM&T brings environmentally friendly solutions to the clean energy market with hydrogen energy and Bio-Natural Gas for vehicles, refrigerated transport using nitrogen, but also the treatment and injection of Biogas into the energy grid as a local power source.
The Field Services Manager coordinates and supports the day to day activities of a team of Field Service Engineers that manage the after sales and startup activities and relationship with customers for our Sale of Equipment (SOE) business. In addition, the Field Services Manager also carries out the same activities as the Field Service Engineers, however the Field Services Manager further focuses on team deployment, project financials, and strategic customer development. Biogas Americas has over 60 Biogas Upgrading Systems operating at customer sites throughout the US and this role is designed to be a support mechanism for the customer and a data source for the business. Biogas Americas is pursuing the addition of customer operations support and troubleshooting agreements to its business model and the Field Service Manager is the lead in effectively structuring this model. The Field Services Manager will be a customer-facing representative for the Biogas Americas business, and will have responsibility for the commissioning and start up of new Biogas Upgrading Systems. This individual will also be a conduit to the System Design and Engineering team for innovative improvements and new product needs based on input from operating customers. The role will report to the Director, Biogas Systems Sales.and will manage 3 employees in CA, AZ and TX, and will grow the group to 5 employees.
• Perform all activities with safety at the forefront of priorities; serve as a safety role model; promote a high level of safety awareness; adhere to and support continuous improvement of all safety practices / procedures
• Administratively Manage the team of Field service Engineers
• Coordinate, schedule, and support the activities of the team of Field Service Engineers in their role while also performing the following;
• Manage customer interface for customer field support and service activities
• Provide technical support and expertise related to our systems for customers
• Perform troubleshooting activities to assess and diagnose potential issues and corrective actions
• Lead project system/equipment installation and startup activities
• Participate in systems design reviews and HAZOPs
• Serve as a bridge between customers and engineering teams
• Provide operational assessment of operating systems, and suggest improvements/optimizations
• Provide support as needed to OTF operations teams for Air Liquide-owned and operated facilities
• Collect, review, and analyze field data from systems in operation
• Support and execute membrane installation and removal in the field
• Conduct training for customer personnel for the operation of Air Liquide-supplied equipment
• Provide deliverables, including written assessments and operational recommendations required for efficient, safe, productive operations to customers
• Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50% both domestically and internationally. At times the travel may be in excess of 50%.
• BS in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering
• 5+ years engineering experience
• 2+ years in a Lead or Manager role
• Working experience with Biogas Americas membrane systems, including; design, engineering, operations, troubleshooting, and system optimization
• Experience with process modeling software
• Ability to work collaboratively with people and organizations, and experience managing a team of subordinate engineers
• Knowledge of commonly used business software and technical software specific to our equipment; software includes Google, Microsoft, Aspen/Hysys, and Autocad
• Ability to write detailed reports for site visits and develop operational recommendations to improve and/or optimize the customers’ system operation
• Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrates strong work behaviors including organization, timeliness, dependability, and courtesy to others
• Demonstrates strong process and operational safety behavior at all times.
• Experience working with or around gas processing systems
• Familiarity with invoicing and financial management of projects
• Self reliant, able to work with little supervision, and able to lead by example
• Excellent communication skills
• The candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
• Demonstrated history of working unsupervised in remote locations
• Experience with process modeling software – Aspen/Hysys
• Electrical drawing understanding and ability to troubleshoot
• Industrial Controls experience – AB CompactLogix
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Both Office and Field Environments
• Consistent travel primarily domestic with some occasional international with busy times requiring 50% or more
• Salary range for this position in Houston TX is $130k – $135k with an additional annual target incentive of 14% based on performance
Our Differences make our Performance
At Air Liquide, we are committed to build a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their background. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.