Why join the American Biogas Council?
We deliver an active and wide-ranging state and federal policy program, giving our members a voice with the nation’s decision-makers.
Market your Business
Use ABC to market your organization’s capabilities directly to other ABC members and the public at large
Engage through our committees
Solve Specific Issues Affecting your Business. ABC committees address the most critical issues that impact members’ businesses.
Access Industry Intelligence
We keep members up-to-date with the latest news, developments and resources within a fast-moving industry.
- Federal Policy: Make sure federal policies support the growth of your business. With
ourstrong federal policy team lobbying in DC and our member-led Policy Committee, ABC is dedicated to advocating new and current bills for federal funding, tax credits and other incentives supporting your biogas business.
- State Policy: Know some state legislation that would hurt or help your business? Share it with ABC staff so we can advocate on behalf of your company and other businesses who might be impacted. Got project development interests in the Mid-Atlantic? Check the box to join our Mid-Atlantic chapter on your membership application, or ask ABC staff to add your company. Meanwhile, ABC Staff and member leaders are pushing to get renewable gas standards, organics recycling laws, low carbon fuel standards and biogas-electricity incentives in place in select states around the country.
- Participate in Lobbying Days
Meet with the DC policymakers that affect your biogas business. Throughout the year we have days set aside to meet with various government agencies and elected officials. All members are welcome. Each year, we encourage members to join us for 2 days of meetings with key Hill policy makers and your Congressional representatives plus social events to network with your fellow members.
- Weekly Washington Update
All members of the Policy Committee receive this weekly email updates and all members can view past updates in the Members Area under “Policy Committee.”
- Post your company news and announcements directly on our home and news web pages, and in our weekly newsletter that is shared with our entire mailing list! Email us your news and in ABC’s Biogas News, the most widely circualted biogas newsletter in the US to about 16,000 biogas professional stakeholder. If you like, we’ll also post it to Twitter (~5,000 followers) and LinkedIn (~4,000 followers).
- Post company events like groundbreakings or your own company webinars on ABC’s biogas industry calendar
- Present at one of our workshops or at BIOGAS AMERICAS, the big annual conference, or one of our sector-specific events.
- Highlight a project or expertise on one of our webinars
- Access our network of over 17,000 biogas industry stakeholders
- Use the ABC logo in your email signature and in marketing materials to give your company additional credibility and show you’re a part of the leading biogas trade association in the U.S.
- Use the spreadsheet of primary representatives to every ABC member company to build partnerships, seek advice or market your products and services
- Pay discounted rates on advertising on the ABC website and Biogas News e-newsletter
- Pay discounted rates to “rent” the ABC mailing list to send a direct email to 17,000+ biogas stakeholders and market your products and services
Questions? Contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved in one of our member-led committees to shape the organization and the direction of the biogas industry.
- Policy Committee
- Operations and Maintenance Committee
- Digestate Certification Working Group
Learn more here
Sustaining members receive an automatic seat on the Board of Directors for each year their organization is a member at this level. Any organization may join at this level instead of one of the levels listed below. All other benefits are the same. Join >>
All Industry Companies
This is the main dues ladder for any company working or interested in working in the biogas industry. Annual dues are determined by your company’s US biogas-related gross revenue (the most recent full year) including gas sales, electricity sales, service sales, sale of equipment, operations and maintenance fees, etc. Join >>
- $18,900 ($40.0 Million+ in North American Biogas-Related Revenue)
- $14,800 ($10-$40 Million in North American Biogas-Related Revenue)
- $8,400 ($2.5-$10 Million in North American Biogas-Related Revenue)
- $4,200 ($1-$2.5 Million in North American Biogas-Related Revenue)
- $3,100 (0-$1 Million in North American Biogas-Related Revenue)
- $1,300 (Distributor/Dealer – not eligible to vote. Applicants must confirm that their organization distributes and/or vends products supplied by a current ABC member.)
- $900 (Farmers and Sole Proprietors with North American Biogas-related Revenue < $500k)
Specific Supporting Companies
- $5,000 (only for Media, Law Firms, Financiers, Utilities, Engineering, and Accounting Firms)
Public, Academic and Not-for-Profit Organizations
(No portion of the dues paid by organizations in this category will be used for lobbying activities.)
- $1,200 (Not-for-Profits, Academic Institutions)
- $900 (Public Entities, Federal/State/Local Government Agencies, Municipalities etc.)
- $600 (Other Individuals in Not-for-Profit Sector)
- $75 (Students: non-voting)