The American Biogas Council has an immediate full-time opening in Washington, DC for an energetic individual motivated to promote clean energy technologies and build a career in the clean and renewable energy. We offer a dynamic and diverse set of responsibilities that require professional interpersonal skills, initiative, project management, and the ability to quickly learn and communicate information to our members. We have a relatively small team of exceptional individuals so expect to dive right in to real opportunities and solving real problems on day one, while you’re also getting up on biogas and related industry issues.
Key elements of this position:
- Passion for Policy—this person will support our lobbyists and be especially active in state policy starting with identifying legislation or regulations that impact our clients industries and evaluating whether action should be taken to support, oppose or amend.
- Exceptional written communication skills—whether you are lobbying, selling memberships or sponsorships, educating key audiences or reporting on the market electronic communication is our main tool and you must be able to write clearly and succinctly with an affinity for excellent customer service.
- Exemplary organization skills—Everyone has different ways of staying organized and we welcome all forms, but yours must be excellent in a way that encourages good organization and responsiveness from our organizations’ members and your fellow staff alike. Few things sap energy and resources faster than having to do things twice or late due to lack of organization.
- Bonus points for: marketing skills, event management experience, aptitude for design, advanced website editing, SalesForce experience.
- Why don’t any of these elements have anything to do with renewable energy? That’s the easy part to learn. We’ll foster your development and need these foundational skills on our team to make sure you’re a good fit.
This is a full time position based in Washington, DC, best suited for a recent college graduate or someone with a few years of work experience. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to the attention of Brian Schorr, Director of Operations, at [email protected]