Biogas Business School
Select Tuesdays | Nov. 15, 2022 – Jan. 10, 2023
Full Event: $1000 for Non-Members, $400 for ABC Members
Single Sessions: $200 for Non-Members, $75 for ABC Members
ABC Members, log into the Members Only portion of the site for information on how to apply the member discount.
Biogas Business School is for project developers, investors, underwriters, and engineers who want to learn how to design more resilient and better performing biogas systems. Biogas Business School takes place, virtually, on select Tuesday & Thursday afternoons in November 2022 – January 2023. The conference is planned to be in-person in October 2023.
- Thurs. November 10, 2022 | 1-4 pm ET – Crash Course: Introduction to the Science and Mechanics of Anaerobic Digesters: To kick off this series, we’re taking it back to the basics. Anyone involved in designing biogas systems needs to fully understand the fundamentals of anaerobic digestion in order to improve their system’s performance. From anaerobic digestion to standard performance indicators, we’ll discuss how the primary characteristics of different digesters require different approaches in their development. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to more easily identify weaknesses and opportunities to increase your biogas production and the financial health of your project.
- Tues. November 29, 2022 | 1-2:30 pm ET – Do You Have a Project?: How to Gauge Project Viability: Although you already have feedstocks, off-takers, and technology selected, do you really have a viable project? This course will dive into what’s needed for a project to be economically viable, identify the biggest risks to project success, and how to make sure the design is resilient enough to withstand the inevitable changes that will come during construction and operation of your project.
- Tues. December 6, 2022 | 1-2:30 pm ET – Do’s and Don’ts for Contracting & Permitting: Now you’ve got a viable design and business plan, but will local officials and regulations allow your project to be built? This course examines contracting and permitting at a high level and help you understand what to look out for, the key elements needed in your contract, as well as common permitting stumbling blocks.
- Tues. December 13, 2022 | 1-2:30 pm ET – Finding the Right RNG Upgrading Technology: This is the content that project developers ask for most frequently: how do I choose the right RNG technology for my project? The technology to process biogas into pipeline-quality RNG can vary significantly in terms of capital cost, operational cost, and complexity. Join us to better understand the different technologies to remove constituents like carbon dioxide, sulfur compounds, and moisture – and how to tell which of those is best for your system!
- Thurs. January 5, 2023 | 1-2:30 pm ET – Financing Biogas Projects:With policy and new investors entering the biogas and RNG marketplace, the options to finance your biogas system are constantly changing. Join this session to learn how to create the right mix of equity investment and debt to get your project off the ground, plus additional options investment, and the best practices to make your project profitable and attractive to investors.
- Tues. January 10, 2023 | 1-2:30 pm ET – Translating the IRA to Project Development: The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) is the most impactful policy the US biogas industry has ever seen. It’s also the most complex, and it’s changing as Treasury develops new guidance. In this session, experts will dive into the most recent knowledge of the IRA and guidance from the Treasury Department to help you understand where you may want to design flexibility into your project to take maximum advantage of any qualifying credits, and sometimes more than one credit!
Sponsor a Session
Session Sponsorships – $3000
Each sponsorship comes with:
- One full event registration for the entire seminar series.
- Your logo and link to your website on the ABC website and and in all marketing for Biogas Business School
- Verbal recognition and logo in introduction slides during EVERY Biogas Business School seminar, not just the one you sponsor!
- 10-minute presentation at the beginning or end of one session where you fully control the content.
- (2) Tweets from the ABC Twitter account (5,500 followers) thanking you for your sponsorship
- Add up to 5 custom questions in the post-attendee survey