- This event has passed.
Making RNG from Biogas: Stories from Wärtsilä Puregas North America [ABC Sponsored Webinar]
November 19 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EST
Federal and state government incentives in the United States are driving biogas producers to consider upgrading their biogas. The uniqueness of each biogas project makes it a challenge to determine the best gas upgrading technology for the given situation. In this webinar, Wärtsilä experts explain the chemical absorption process and case studies from Wärtsilä Puregas’ 20 year history implementing these systems.
- Chemical absorption process description
- Process application range
- Important design parameters
- Typical performance
- Several case studies
Joe Ayala – General Manager
- Joe Ayala holds a Chemical Engineering degree with specialization in gas separation systems from the National University of Technology in Argentina and a Master degree in International Business from the University of New England in Australia.
- Joe is a dual Australian-American citizen, speaks several languages and has traveled for business to over 65 countries. Joe worked on his first amine system in 1994 in the Oil and Gas industry, and was part of the team that developed the largest mobile membrane system in Australia. He led a team that developed automation systems and won the growing exporter of the year award for introducing new technologies to overseas markets.
- Joe has over 26 years of experience and a deep understanding of process engineering, product and project management, sales, marketing and business development.
George Yavari – Senior Project Manager
George is a Chemical engineer graduated from Lakehead University. George has more than 30 years of experience in renewable energy such as biogas upgrading, biofuel and natural gas processing. He has experience in EPC project management, engineering and process design, R&D, construction, commissioning and start-ups. George has completed many EPC biogas upgrading projects in North America using both Chemical absorption and membrane technology
George is an expert in plant design optimization and builds cost effective plants with high performance and energy efficiency. He works closely with clients to bring solutions to their biogas upgrading needs and also troubleshoot any mechanical and process hiccups.
Fredrik Vigertsson – Service Manager
Fredrik has studied automations and control engineering focusing on process control at Lars Kaggskolan in Kalmar Sweden. Fredrik has a breadth of experience in field work including commissioning, installation, service, and troubleshooting.
Fredrik served in the Swedish armed forces with deployments in West Africa and Afghanistan. He has permanently relocated to the United States in 2018 and now lives in Houston, Texas, with his family.
Fredrik has worked for Wärtsilä (formerly known as Puregas) for close to 13 years with biogas upgrading plants and digester plants, and is the senior member of the commissioning and service team in Europe for the 40+ plants in operation.
Fredrik understands the whole biogas production process from substrate to grid injection, with experience operating, maintaining and supporting biogas plants around the world for the past years.