Biogas Industry Awards and Dinner
About the Awards
The Biogas Industry Awards were developed in 2012 for the purpose of recognizing exemplary biogas projects, technology and individuals that are helping to advance the industry.
Join us this fall for the 8th Annual Biogas Industry Awards Dinner at BioCycle REFOR19 in Madison, Wisconsin where we will award Project of the Year, Innovation of the Year, Biogas Visionary, Friend of the ABC, and Longevity awards.
The Award Categories
Project of the Year
For biogas projects. We plan to give one award projects in each of the following sub-categories: Agricultural, Municipal, Institutional, and Merchant. Judges will look for projects that show examples of cutting-edge technology, unique partnerships, and break-though uses of energy or co-products.
For biogas projects. Digesters that have been continuously operational for more than 5 years, without a shut down of more than 3 months, are eligible for these awards. An award will be given to all eligible projects.
Innovation of the Year
For an innovative product. One award expected.
For an innovative technology. One award expected.
For an individual. Presented ot an individual who has made a significant and lasting impact that has strengthened an grown the US biogas industry. One award expected.
Friend of the ABC
Open. This is an open category intended to cover projects, innovations, and individuals, as described above, which stand out as an example to others but do not include any major partners that are ABC members. One award expected.
Submitting a Nomination
To submit a nomination for Project of the Year, fill out this form. Project of the Year submissions are added to ABC’s Project Database. All projects submitted in 2019 are eligible to win a Project of the Year and Longevity Award, as long as they meet minimum eligibility requirements.*
To submit a nomination for Innovation of the Year or Biogas Visionary, submit a one-pager to [email protected] on why the innovation or individual should win the award.
*Note: Projects submitted in previous years will not be considered for a 2019 award. You will need to renominate projects before September 13 in order for them to be considered.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
For all awards, except the Friend of the ABC, at least one major partner must be an ABC member in good standing.
Projects, innovations, and technologies must be operational or deployed on American soil. Imported technology deployed in the U.S. is eligible.
Projects and innovations must be fully operational. For example, if nutrient recovery is planned but currently not installed or operating, the technology should not be invluded in the project description or if so clearly stated as proposed.
Biogas Industry Awards Dinner
6:30| Tuesday,October 29 | Madison Wisconsin
at BioCycle REFOR19
Join us for a great meal and drinks with your fellow industry members, right after the Tuesday sessions. Award winners will be announced for the first time at this event that sells out every year – grab your table or tickets today!
What your ticket includes:
- Admission to the Biogas Industry Awards
- One drink at the full bar
- Three-course meal, including:
- Baby Lettuces Salad: Tossed Young Greens, Vegetable Ribbons, and Choice of Dressing
- Choice of Entree:
- Beef Filet: Bordelaise Sauce, Dauphinoise Potato, Seasonal Vegetable
- Seared Salmon: Lemon Cream, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetable
- Italian Almond Cake
*Dietary restrictions can be accommodated*
To take advantage of any sponsorship opportunities, email Caroline Peat at [email protected]
- Sponsor Table – $1,200
- Make the Biogas Industry Awards Dinner your best networking event at BIOCYCLE REFOR19 by purchasing a table for you and nine colleagues, friends, or potential clients.
- This sponsorship opportunity also includes a large logo displayed at your reserved table, your logo in the Awards Dinner slideshow, and a half page ad in the Awards Dinner Program.
- If you would like to purchase a sponsorship table, do not register for the dinner via BioCycle, your tickets will be handled separately, through ABC.
- Wine Sponsor – $1,000
- Your choice of 1 red or 1 white bottle of wine per table.
- This sponsorship opportunity also includes recognition of your sponsorship on each wine bottle, your logo in the Awards Dinner Slideshow, and a half page ad in the Awards Dinner Program.
- Dinner Program Sponsor – $500 – 250
- Front Page ad – $500
- Inside Cover or Back Cover ad – $400
- Half page ad – $250
Favor Bag Sponsor – $150
- Include a pen, pin, key chain or other item with your logo and business card in a take-home favor bag for all dinner attendees.
- This sponsorship opportunity also includes a quarter page ad in the Awards Dinner Program.
- You must provide your favor bag item and business cards.
How to Register
This year, registration for the Biogas Industry Awards and Dinner is incorporated into the registration process for the BioCycle REFOR19 conference. Register for the dates you will be attending the conference, and then add the dinner as an additional item (see picture to left). If you have any trouble adding the dinner, email biocy[email protected] for assistance. A member of ABC Staff will be in contact with you within a week to coordinate your meal choice and dietary restrictions.