Michigan’s largest utility says it will eliminate methane emissions from its natural gas delivery system over the next decade. Consumers’ plan calls for an 80% reduction in methane leaks from its gas delivery system from 2011 levels by 2030. The remaining 20% will be offset by purchasing renewable natural gas, which is captured from farms, landfills and wastewater treatment facilities…DTE Energy, Michigan’s other large utility and ABC member, plans to participate in the initiative to “make it clear we are on the climate change train,” DTE’s president and CEO reportedly said. More >>