Utility Programs to Sell RNG
January 21. 2020
Gas utilities across the country are starting to develop programs to sell renewable natural gas (RNG) in addition to conventional gas. At the same time, the biogas industry wants to develop projects to produce RNG from biogas so the RNG can be sold to or distributed by gas utilities. This webinar will give attendees an overview of how three gas utilities in particular have built their RNG programs, how the industry can participate in them, and what comes next as these programs come online and improve.
ABC members, login for direct access to the recording and slides.
- Fundamentals of gas utilities’ RNG programs
- RNG procurement
- Essential policies to facilitate program creation
- Approval process with public utility commissions
- Ensuring sufficient and consistent supply of RNG
- Michael Gifford, VGS
- Lizzy Reinholt, Summit Utilities
- Jared Liu-Klein, Southern California Gas Company
- Patrick Serfass, ABC (Moderator)