- This event has passed.
Biogas Business School
November 17, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm EST
As you design new biogas systems, it’s critical to accurately assess risk and safety to make sure your system runs at optimal efficiency while minimizing the risk of downtime and operational issues that can dramatically impact profitability. In the workshop, all attendees–project developers, investors, underwriters, engineers and more–will learn how to conduct Process Safety Management, which covers impacts within the facility, and a Risk Management Plan, which people and the environment outside your facility. The training will be punctuated by lots of colorful project examples and case studies.
- The 14 elements of Process Safety Management-PSM (OSHA) for people within the facility. PSM covers designing owning and operating a process that’s hazardous
- Risk Management Plan-RMP, which is EPA’s version of PSM for people outside the facility
- Process Hazard Analysis-PHA, one of the 14 elements within PSM and RMP
- Where do EPA, OSHA, and DOT have jurisdiction relative to your site?
- Know your threshold quantities and either design to be under them or plan to exceed them.
- Lessons learned from inherited design and operational issues over the past 5 years
- PSM/RMP Overview (1 hour)
- Instructor: Jody Jackson, CSP and Richard Kepp
- Case Studies (1 hour)
- Tank design, flare design, low pressure gas piping systems,
- Instructors: Dr. Alina Cole, Aaron Parker, PE
- Engineering: PHA, What can be done? How to do it? (1 hour)
- Methodology overview, pros and cons to using different methodologies
- Instructors: Dr. Alina Cole and Aaron Parker, PE
- Implications on Operations (45 mins)
- The intersection of engineering and operations
- Hog manure project example
- Instructor: Darrell Olmstead
All from Montrose Environmental Group
- Jody Jackson, CSP, Vice President Healthy, Safety & Environmental
- Richard Kepp, Safety Director
- Alina Cole, PhD, Project Engineer
- Aaron Parker, PE, Project Engineer
- Darrell Olmstead, Vice President, Facility Operations